1. General information
Data collected via the Website is hosted by Rampar, whose servers are located in United States of America. Your personal information may also be processed or stored in France, Switzerland . Personal information about our customers and their purchases may be stored in the Christian Louboutin Group’s centralized database and available at our boutiques worldwide to provide you with customer service.
- The type(s) of personal information that we collect from or about you depend on the nature of your relationship with Christian Louboutin. For example, we may collect your title, name, date of birth, delivery and billing addresses, country, email address, telephone number, billing information, IP address, information about your browser and device, information about your behaviour on our Website, purchasing history and any other information you share with Christian Louboutin.
- The purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your personal information also depend on the nature of your relationship with Christian Louboutin. For example, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information for the purposes of: understanding your needs, expectations, preferences and behaviour; adapting, customizing and improving our communications, services, offers and Website content; processing and fulfilling your order; processing your on-line booking of an in-store appointment; creating and maintaining your on-line account; communicating with you; responding to your requests, questions and complaints; sending you commercial prospecting and marketing messages and adverts suited to your preferences; protecting against fraud, counterfeiting or other wrongdoing; analyzing the performance and effectiveness of and improving our products, campaigns and events; and such other purposes as are permitted or required by applicable law.
- We may share your personal information with other companies in the Christian Louboutin Group. We use certain third-party service providers who may have access to the personal information we collect, including service providers involved in the management of our Website and providing IT, hosting, maintenance and support services for our equipment, infrastructures, software, applications and databases, and providers of services essential to the execution of sales (e.g., payment provider, delivery provider and order follow-up), as described in greater detail below. We may also share personal information for other legal reasons, including in the context of legal proceedings, in the event of a prospective or completed business transaction, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
- Despite our implementation of security safeguards, transmission of information via the internet, including using the Website or by other electronic means, is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that personal information that is transmitted to Christian Louboutin, particularly by electronic means, will be totally secure. It is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access such information.
3. Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information directly and indirectly from you.
When your personal information is collected in writing, obligatory information is preceded by an asterisk, as it is essential to the execution of the contract (including a sale or exchange), the performance of the services (including a repair) or compliance with a legal obligation.
The types of personal information collected by or on behalf of Christian Louboutin are as follows:
- First name
- Date of birth
- Home or delivery address (postal code, city, country)
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Billing Information*
- IP address, information about your browser and device and your browsing behaviour on the Website (with cookies)
- Purchasing history
- All information about you that you share with Christian Louboutin teams
4. Undertaking of Christian Louboutin
Christian Louboutin undertakes to collect and process your personal information in strict compliance with the applicable legal provisions and to make any necessary declarations to the personal information protection supervisory authorities.
6. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
Manner of collection:
How does Christian Louboutin collect your personal information?
Nature of data:
What personal information is collected, used and disclosed by Christian Louboutin?
Purposes of processing:
How does Christian Louboutin use your personal information?
Browsing the Website :
|When browsing the Website, the following information is processed:
||To facilitate and improve your browsing by registering and improving our understanding of your needs, expectations, preferences (language, products selected, etc.), your behaviour (pages visited, timing of visits, etc.)
To adapt our communications, our offers and Website content.
Creating a customer account on the Website :
|When creating a customer account on the Website, the following personal information is processed:
||To provide you with the service you requested (creation and maintenance of an account).
If you consent, to send you commercial prospecting messages suited to your preferences about news, exclusive deals, new offers and products from Christian Louboutin.
Online purchasing :
Christian Louboutin collects your personal information during the online purchasing process on the Website.
|When making an online purchase on the Website, the following personal information is processed:
To otherwise perform the ToS.
To ensure the protection of the transaction against any attempted fraud or wrongdoing.
In-store purchasing :
Christian Louboutin collects your personal information when you make a purchase in one of our Stores.
|When making a purchase in one of our stores, the following personal information is processed:
||To improve our understanding of your preferences, needs and expectations, to get to know you better, to adapt our offers and provide you with a customised service, to improve our services, products and relationship with you, to perform other business analytics, and to analyze and execute location-based marketing campaigns.
To comply with applicable laws regarding cash transactions.
If you consent, to send you commercial prospecting messages suited to your preferences about news and products from Christian Louboutin.
Newsletter subscription :
Christian Louboutin collects your personal information when you subscribe to receive our newsletter and other marketing communications.
|When subscribing to the newsletter and other marketing communications, the following personal information is processed:
||To keep you informed of new collections and products, latest trends, news, and other marketing and commercial prospecting communications regarding Christian Louboutin.|
Customer relationships and commercial relationships (after-sales service, etc.)
Christian Louboutin collects your personal information during the online purchasing process on the Website, when you make a purchase in one of our stores and when you otherwise request customer service from us online or in person.
|In customer relationships and commercial relationships, the following personal information is processed:
||To process your requests, answer your questions, manage any complaints, provide any information requested.
To manage your order and to otherwise perform the ToS.
To facilitate any other communications you have with Christian Louboutin.
To improve our understanding of your preferences, needs and expectations, to get to know you better, to improve our services, products and relationship with you, to perform other business analytics, and to analyze and execute location-based marketing campaigns.
To ensure a certain level of quality we provide to you, and for training purposes.
To comply with applicable laws regarding cash transactions.
Statistics and analysis
Christian Louboutin collects certain statistical information on a style by style basis during the online purchasing process on the Website and when you make a purchase in-store.
|In statistics and analysis, the following personal information is processed:
||To analyse your preferences and the performance of our products, measure the effectiveness of our campaigns and/or our events online and offline, to preserve the image of the house and to improve our campaigns.
To improve our services and maintain visibility and good sales management.
To compile and maintain business statistics and figures, such as sell-through rates.
If you agree to the use of advertising cookies on the Website, Christian Louboutin may send you targeted advertising on the internet, including on your social media.
|In targeted advertising, Christian Louboutin does not collect or access any of your personal information that you have communicated and shared on your social media.||To send marketing material using targeted and customised advertising when you browse your social media (Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, YouTube, TikTok, etc.).
To send customised messages and suggest Christian Louboutin products to you through targeted adverts.
Protection against fraud and anti-counterfeiting strategy:
Christian Louboutin collects your personal information during the online purchasing process on the Website or when you make a purchase in one of our stores as part of its anti-fraud strategy*.
As part of the anti-fraud strategy, the following personal information is processed:
As part of the anti-counterfeiting strategy, the following Personal Data is processed:
Christian Louboutin consults, analyses and uses your personal information as part of:
To preserve the Christian Louboutin brand and products and to protect customers from fraud and the sale of fake Christian Louboutin products.
Legal obligations :
Christian Louboutin processes personal information collected by any means in the context of a request from an administrative and/or legal authority.
In the context of a legal obligation, the nature of the personal information shared depends on the scope of the request but may include (without limitation):
According to the nature of the request from the authorities, Christian Louboutin may communicate your personal information to the administrative and/or legal authorities.
We may also process your personal information for such other purposes as are permitted or required by applicable law, including (without limitation) to satisfy a statutory reporting obligation, to investigate a contravention of law or contract, or in the case of an emergency.
7. Duration of Your Personal Information Retention
Christian Louboutin will store your personal information only for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected or as needed for authorized, legitimate, or legal purposes.
In the event of prolonged inactivity on your part, for a period of five (5) years, your User account will be deactivated. At the end of this period, Christian Louboutin may contact you to find out whether or not you wish to (i) continue to receive Newsletters and other publications from Christian Louboutin; (ii) keep your account.
Christian Louboutin reserves the right to retain your personal information for a longer period, in cases of suspected illegal activity on the Website, or for probative purposes in the context of an obligation (particularly accounting or legal obligations) during statutory limitation periods, or in response to any requests from the authorities responsible for the protection of personal information.
Christian Louboutin may also keep, for its records, copies of communications with you and any response to questions and/or comments sent by our Customer Service department.
8. Sharing Your Personal Information
Your Personal Information is transferred within the Christian Louboutin Group on the basis of the binding corporate rules, approved by the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL) (decision of 24 May 2018) accessible here. The list of Christian Louboutin companies with access to Your Personal Information is accessible here. Christian Louboutin shares your personal information with trusted third parties acting on behalf of Christian Louboutin, particularly service providers involved in the management of our Website and providing IT, hosting, maintenance and support services for our equipment, infrastructures, software, applications and databases; and providers of services essential to the execution of sales (payment provider, delivery provider and order follow-up). Without limiting the foregoing, such third-party service providers currently include:
- Fiserv, Inc who may have access to the personal information of individuals who make a purchase on the Website for the purposes of processing the payment and may process such personal in the United States of America.
- CyberSource who may have access to the personal information of individuals who make a purchase on the Website for the purposes of processing the payment and may process such personal in the Unites States of America.
- Magento who may have access to the personal information of individuals who make a purchase on the Website for creating customer account on the website, for online purchasing, newsletter subscription and may process such personal in Europe.
- Salesforce who may have access to the personal information of individuals who make a purchase on the Website or in-store and may process such personal in the Unites States of America.
- Cegid who may have access to the personal information of individuals who make a purchase in-store and may process such personal in Switzerland.
- UPS who may have access to the personal information of individuals who make a purchase on our website for delivering your orders and may process such personal in the United States of America.
When Christian Louboutin organises joint events with our commercial partners, this may entail sharing your personal information with these partners, only when you have consented to this sharing and strictly in the context of such events.
Christian Louboutin may share your personal information if we believe that this disclosure is necessary to comply with current legal provisions, particularly in the context of legal proceedings.
Under no circumstances will Christian Louboutin offer your personal information for sale.
9. International Transfer of Your Personal Information
Your Personal Information is transferred within the Christian Louboutin group on the basis of the binding corporate rules, approved by the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL) (decision of 24 May 2018) accessible here. The list of Christian Louboutin companies with access to Your Personal Information is accessible here. Christian Louboutin may transfer your personal information to affiliates and third-party service providers outside of Canada. Christian Louboutin ensures that appropriate measures are put in place to preserve the security of your personal information when transferred outside of Canada. Since your personal information may be processed in foreign countries, it may be accessed by foreign courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in these jurisdictions.
You may contact Christian Louboutin’s Global Data Protection Officer at email@example.com to obtain written information about our policies and practices with respect to service providers outside of Canada, or to ask questions about the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by such service providers.
10.1 What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small block of data, a text file, sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on the hard drive of your devices. This file allows its issuer to identify your devices for the validity period of the cookie, or for a maximum of six (6) months.
10.2 What categories of cookies are used by Christian Louboutin on the Website?
- Technical cookies:
Technical cookies are necessary for the technical functioning of the Website and are therefore permanently activated to allow the successful conclusion of essential operations proposed by the Website. Technical cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies allow your route through the Website to be tracked and remembered, your cookie preferences to be collected and saved, your registration for an account to be completed, the functioning of your basket to be managed until the purchasing process and you to be assisted in the event of any security problems.
- Performance cookies:
Performance cookies are used to distinguish unique visitors, collect information on how you use the Website and allow us to analyse your browsing and measure the Website’s audience. These cookies are exclusively used for statistical and analytics purposes and to measure and improve the performance and functioning of the Website.
If you would like to know more about our partners with access to these cookies, see the list.
- Advertising cookies:
Advertising cookies allow us to offer you customised advertising on the internet in line with your interests, particularly on social media, and to monitor the performance of our advertising. Advertising cookies on social media also allow you to connect to your social media and to share content from the Website on your social media.
If you would like to know more about our partners with access to these cookies, see the list.
10.3 Data Analytics and Targeted Advertising
- Facebook Analytics. We also use Facebook Analytics to measure your use of the Website, tailor the Website to your interests, and improve our products and services. We also use Facebook Analytics to offer you targeted advertising content based on your interests, the products and services you have viewed on the Website, your browsing history and the history of our relationship with you. Please note, Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook account and use it for its own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy which can be found at Facebook.com/about/privacy/.
10.4 How to manage your cookie preferences on the Website?
We will not register performance or advertising cookies on your device without your consent, which can be given and modified at any time without charge by changing your browser settings. You can also change your preferences in terms of cookie management at any time during your connection to the Website by clicking on the following link.
The Network Advertising Initiative also offers a means to opt-out of a number of advertising cookies. Please visit www.networkadvertising.org to learn more.
Each browser has its own cookie management system. They are described in the help menu of each browser, and below you will find instructions on how to manage and disable cookies for the main types of web browsers:
For Internet Explorer 8 and later versions:
- Go to “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options”
- Click on “Privacy”
- Select your preferred level of privacy
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “Tools” then “Options” menu
- Click on the “Privacy” settings
- Select your preferred option on the “Cookies” menu
- Go to “Files” > “Preferences”
- Click on “Privacy”
- Select your preferred options
- Click on the upper right button
- Go to “Settings” then “Privacy and security menu”
- Select your preferred option
For Safari on iOS:
- In the “Settings” app, go to “Safari” menu
- Go to “Accept cookies” under “Privacy”
- Select your preferred option
For Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Select “Settings” then click “show advanced settings”
- In the “Privacy” section, click the “Content settings” button.
- In the “Cookies” section, you can change cookies settings
In any event, if you reject our use of non-essential cookies, you may still use the Website, but you may be limited in using some of its features.
Use of the cookie consent platform
We offer the possibility for you to select your preferences regarding cookies collection for performance measurement, personalization and advertising purposes with no impact on your access to the website by clicking here.
11. Links to other websites
12. Security of Your Data
Christian Louboutin implements appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against loss, destruction, alteration, theft or unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Examples of the measures we currently use to protect personal information include, without limitation:
- Deploying Website security measures in line with security good practices (such as ISO 27001);
- Developing and implementing a security management program, based on risk methodology, to increase data protection;
- Implementing access controls;
- Undertaking regular scanning to detect system vulnerabilities and security issues; and
- Undertaking regular security audits performed by internal and external parties.
Your personal information is strictly confidential. Christian Louboutin’s employees who, as a result of their role, have access to your personal information, are subject to strict confidentiality obligations. Employees who may have access to your personal information may include members of our Sales, Customer Services, Customer Relationship Management, IT, E-Commerce, Business Analyst and Legal departments.
The Christian Louboutin Group has a procedure for handling a proven or suspected breach of the security of your personal information under the conditions and within any legal deadlines.
Christian Louboutin demands the same technical and organisational security measures from all third parties with which we collaborate.
Transactions concluded on the Website are protected by an SSL encryption process. Christian Louboutin reminds you, however, that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and that all information communicated online can potentially be intercepted and used by people other than the intended recipient.
14. Enforcement of your Rights
You can contact Christian Louboutin at any time to request access to your personal information, to update, correct or delete it, or restrict its processing, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions, by writing to our Customer Service department at one of the following addresses, according to your place of residence:
- For the Continental Europe area, please contact the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the Asia Pacific area (except Japan), please contact the address: email@example.com
- For the Japan area, please contact the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the Middle East area, please contact the address: email@example.com
- For the Americas area (Latin America, North America and South America), please contact Sr. Manager, Client Services & Ecommerce
When the processing of your personal information is based on consent, the withdrawal of consent does not affect processing carried out before the withdrawal of consent.
In order to satisfy your request, Christian Louboutin reserves the right to ask you for any additional information enabling it to identify you with certainty.
Where necessary, you must ensure that you provide Christian Louboutin with any changes to your information, in particular to allow us to ship your orders to the correct address and to contact you if necessary.